Well where do i start!? I filled out the online application, got approved and got my card in the mail.

The day i get my card in the mail I get online to activate it and my dang account is restricted. so i call customer service and they tell me that I have to go to the nearest branch to activate it. I asked the customer service rep. if there was a problem and she said no there was no problem that i needed to go to the nearest branch top activate my card.

I explained to the lady that the nearest branch is 4 and a half hours away, there is non way I am going to drive that far to activate my card. If there was no problem then why cant it be activated online or over the phone. And you want to know what her reply was: Sir you will have to go to the nearest branch to activate your card, let me check for you where the closest one is...she askedf for my zip code and to humor her, I told her, and she replied sir it looks like the nearest location is about 4 and a half hours away you will need to visit that branch and activate your card.

Well I'll be dang, i think i had just told her that I wasnt going to drive that far if there wasnt a problem then just go ahead and activate it. To cut this story short, I think there is a problem here, slight or heavy mistrust I dont think I want to bank with somebody that doesnt trust me or their customers, after all it is in the name- SUN(TRUST).

Preferred solution: activate my card.

I didn't like: No empathy for situation, Inability to solve a minor issue.

Comments