Appling, Georgia

I had the displeasure of dealing with Lucia Barnes for my home refinance. She did a terrible job of communicating with me.

I never knew where I was during the entire process of my loan. I was not given a realistic assessment of things overall. On one particular instance she asked me for my credit card number (without detail). I assumed it was in regards to my credit check which is what we were discussing at time.

Then out of the blue my $500 appraisal fee appeared on my credit card statement. We contacted our local branch about the issue and the woman we spoke with was very apologetic. She promised me I would receive a phone call from Lucia in regards to the matter. Of course I never did.

When my appraisal came back lower than expected, I expressed to her the issue with the comparable homes (I live in a historical district where the neighborhoods vary literally from street to street). My local banker explained this to Lucia and it seemed as though this happens a lot with homes in my area. I was told by Lucia to find other comparable homes, which I did...then nothing. SEVERAL weeks later I get an e-mail (not even a phone call) informing me that the appraisers wanted to know why their comparables were no good -even though both me and the local banker gave her a pretty clear explanation as to why.

I finally asked her to give it to me straight rather than just stringing me along, which is exactly what she was doing. That's when I was told that I would need $20k to close, knowing that the whole purpose of our refinance was to save as much money as we could because of our overall financial strain. I am not sure how much longer she would've kept things going, but I finally told her she'd wasted enough of our time. Of course she was not at all apologetic or sympathetic to our situation.

Instead she proceeded to justify her position by making false statements cc-ing her superior.

Fortunately, my husband and I did communicate with our local branch throughout the entire process, so we could easily prove our version of events. My assessment of the entire situation is that she said whatever needed to be said to secure me as a customer, then when it didn't work out as she anticipated, I was no longer worth her time.

I didn't like: Home refinance.

Comments