1.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

On January 7th I used Sun Trust's automated line to report a lost card. I wanted to speak to a representative but I was on hold for almost an hour so I used the automated line - I was given ONE option to report a LOST card and then it cancelled my card, put a HOT alert on it, and forced me to change my number.

I called back and finally got a representative and asked them to keep my card number since it was linked up to dozens and dozens of automated payments that I didn't want to change but becaue of the HOT alert (their mistake) they refused to do that. Customer service rep JOHN HIGBEE refused to let me speak to anyone but him, was completely robotic and offered zero help.

I have also found Sun Trust to be a very provincial, very old fashioned bank, but this is ridiculous. I have been a customer for over 30 years with a dozen accounts in my family.

Time to go to TD.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

SunTrust Cons: Customer service refusing to let me keep my debit card.

• Suntrust Customer Service

Comments

Just what did you want them to do? Leave a lost card active allowing you to be here whining about that.

Only a fool would think there were any other choices than to shut the card down. The robot as you call him was following a process that kicks in when you reported your lost card. That was your help fool. Speaking to anyone else including the famous and magic supervisor would be futile as they also follow the process.

At the end of the day, no one cares how long you've been with them, how many family members you have their or your self-perceived value to them. You are an idiot...