Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I recently went to SunTrust to apply for a loan for my first house. Got pre approved and got the process started.

We found a house rather quickly and got everything in motion. Well, the house was in closing for 2 MONTHS and underwriting for 1 MONTH. These people kept waiting until the absolute last second I.e. the last second before closing, literally a day away, saying there were missing documents.

We sent documents and even had to resend some. Thought everything was fine but NO. They AGAIN wait until the day before and say "we don't have time to get everything together in time to close tomorrow so we need to extend the date" They did this 3 times!!!!!!! Our closing date got pushed back a total of 2 weeks after being in closing and underwriting for 2 months.

We contact the loan officer's manager and even the manager above them. All we kept hearing was "I'm sorry" No results, just excuses. We saw ourselves as no priority to them whatsoever. needless to say come time to refinance we will be using a different lender and will NEVER do any sort of business with SunTrust again.

I have never seen anyone so unprofessional and incompetent at their job. I advise any and everyone to use someone else when they decide to buy a home.

I have read similar reviews so that alone tells me this isn't some fluke. Consumer beware!

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments