I own 2 rental properties, and every month I deposit rent checks into my SunTrust account. This month one tenant gives me his rent check , and then turns around and stops payment on it 2 days later.

I had already deposited the check, which was a Suntrust personal check from his account. He was mad because I do not want to renew his lease. Suntrust froze my account for 8 days then permanently closed it. I got a letter in the mail stating that I violated the rules and regulations, and Suntrust must terminate our relationship immediately.

Suntrust held the money already in my account and returned all my bill payments for this month. My fees so far are at $300 for declined payments.

His rent check was a good check when I deposited it. Shouldn't he be the one punished?

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of account from SunTrust. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants SunTrust to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by SunTrust for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1081948

The worst customer service in this Suntrust bank. Brightwood

6422 Georgia Avenue, Northwest

Washington, DC 2001

It took me more than 4 hour to take my money but finally they said they can't give me the money because they need a notice to withdraw 10000

Horrible.