I banked with Suntrust for more than 15 years. In the last couple of years their customer service has gone down hill very badly to include Management.

I had gotten to the point that I could not take it anymore so I withdrew all of the funds with the exception to outstanding debits, not realizing that during this same time the bank I was attempting to transfer funds from into the Suntrust account processed a .02 test debit to ensure the account was good. The .02 debit caused an overdraft and the bank has been charging me $35.00. It has gotten up to $125 plus currently with no additional activity and threatening me with collections.

This is ridiculous.

Review about: Suntrust Account.

Comments

Mcdonald, Tennessee, United States #229096

SunBUST got me too. starts with one NSF fee then 2 days later you get a second one.

then they keep adding them. they are capitalizing off of NSF fees. i think thats sad. Bank of America did the same.

im with Regions now. so far so good.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #207447

I've banked with SunTrust for about a dozen years, since they bought out the bank I was with before them. Customer service has gone down and down and down, and I've finally had it.

No bounced checks, no overdraft fees, just rotten service when I got into the local branch bank for the most simple and most basic service. There are some good employees, but the stupidest and most incompetent tend to become branch managers and assistant branch managerers. Your story put me over the edge for deciding to leave SunTrust.

I will be moving my accounts (total of over $170,000) to another bank within the next two or three days. :(

Hi, we understand how frustrating this situation can be and would like the opportunity to help. If you haven't done so already, please contact us at 800-786-8787 (800-SunTrust). We are also available at twitter.com/askSunTrust to help resolve issues like what you described above.

oh my god that is too much