1.1K views

In response to the complaint against SunTrust Bank by Kathleen of Nashville: Thank you for submitting your complaint because SunTrust has a history it seems of not putting their customer first. My experience with SunTrust is worse than yours.

In 2002 I purchased my home through SunTrust Bank. All the paperwork was ready for closing until the day before closing when the person who was selling called in and changed the sell price, adding another $1200. Guess what, SunTrust made the change and did not notify me. They breached the contract and I got the Federal Reserve involved who investigated and found them guilty. HUD also found them liable for what was done. Ever heard of a 2nd closing, neither have I but SunTrust tried to do it - the seller refused - he got his money and that was all she wrote.

I filed criminal charges against SunTrust and complaints with HUD, Federal Reserve, Georgia Dept. of Banking and Financing, among others. After this experience with SunTrust, my advice to anyone considering doing business with SunTrust is DON'T. Rather than the client being their primary interest, anyone can call in and request a change to a consumer's account and SunTrust will allow it, at least they did with my account increasing the sell price by $1200. In short, SunTrust enriches others and ignores their customers.

SunTrust in my opinion should be sued for their corrupt practices against their clients and be ordered by the courts to compensate those who were wronged by their unscrupulous practices.

Shelia

Kingsport

Review about: Suntrust Account.

Had an Experience with SunTrust?

Comments

All banks are necessary evils, and Suntrust is among the worst in customer service along with BOA, Wells Fargo and all of them. I went into a Suntrust branch last Friday to open a checking account with CASH ($1320 just to get started). I did it at a Publix super market branch. I decided to use Scumthrust because they have branches everywhere I travel on business in case I ever would need ATM cash or something (no fee, their card?). I opened the account Friday, and nothing seemed to be wrong at all. I got the email from them on Saturday to activate my online banking, and I did, and I saw my $1320 balance there, but it did say unavailable, which seemed odd to me since I opened the account in CASH.

On Sunday, when I tried my ID and pass word online, it said the system was down for maintenance, which was also odd, for I have always known most banks to shut down for maintenance during evening hours. I did nothing Monday since I was busy, but Tuesday morning, TODAY, I decided to go online again and check things because I had a funny feeling about things, and it would not let me in, and a chat box popped up. So, I chatted with a young, clueless, girl, and after I suggested I give her my acct number and the last 4 of my SSN so that she could check things out, she then said the account was closed last Friday. I then said, I just opened it and logged onto online banking on Saturday, how could it be closed?

I got tired of chatting with a clueless customer...

I then tried to get through to anybody IN CHARGE in my area, an d nobody would forward me to anyone that could or would help. I then dug online in GA, where I live, and found the number of the Georgia Dept. of Banking & Finance. A lady there was also kind of useless, but she gave me a number to a man out of state, in VA, who is their contact. I then had to ask her, you are a state agency in charge of banking, RIGHT?? You don't want to hear anything further about this what amounts to be THEFT of my cash?? She said there was nothing she could do.

So, I called that number in VA for *** Thrust, and I left a VM. A couple of hours later, some lady returned my call, not the actual guy. I told her my story, and she said she would check into it. I told her how NOBODY in her organization had been helpful AT ALL, quite rude and highly EVASIVE. She said she would be back to me by the end of the day.

At the same time, some punk from their so called, corporate security division called me, and he started acting haughty and trying to lay down the law with me and tell me how things were going to be. I basically dressed him down, and I said I am the one wronged here, and you thieves have my money CASH that I gave you last Friday. He couldn't even tell me when I could excpect to get the check or what address they mailed it to. I hung up on him, and it had been a few hours since I called the VA number given to me by the GA dept of banking, and she then said she was about to call me, and that the check was mailed Friday evening, and that it was coming to your business address. It should arrive tomorrow, WEDNESDAY. I said, what if it doesn't? She said to please call her if it doesn't. I then said, thank you for your effort, but I gave you $1320 cash Friday to open an account, you guys don't want to open it for some *** reason, yet I still don't have my CASH 4 days later. I asked, do you call this customer service???

All banks are *** bags, but Suntrust and Bank of America have to be at the toppity top. I do have a relationship with a local credit union, and they make banks look like bums. I only wanted to open the Suntrust account to have no fee ATM cash available if I ever need it on the road. I tried, and for my effort to give them business, they stole my money. The thing is, nobody give a ***. Then banks own the congress/senate and all state houses, so they write all the laws to suit them. They are legal THIEVES. I have a good credit score, and I have never had checking or any problems in my whole life back to the early 80s when I left home. This would definitely be a story for Clark Howard, but they must be on break now or something. I couldn't get through to them today or online.

gypped in GA

thomasdasta

SunTrust charged me a $7 maintenance fee for not have a daily collected balance over $500 when I had an avg daily balance of $2800.They said the daily collected balance can not go below $500.

They change their policy every time to charge a fee. Or the opther option is to get direct deposit and not be charged a fee. They discrimate against people who do not receive direct deposit. Not everyone has the option.

This is complete BS.

Corporations are bullies and are soleless.Move your account to a credit union and save yourself the headache.

Why does everyone writing on this site sound retarded? No wonder they are having so many problems with the way that they communicate.

I had recently wire transferred money from the US to Brazil on May 19th from my bank (Suntrust Bank). According to Suntrust, notified me that there wasn't any errors.

My complaint is that my beneficiary my brother-in law who has an account with Banco do Brazil(receiver) checked for the receiving of my money ($7,000 ) has never been received up to today's date (June 15/2011). No ends have an answer where my money is placed. One bank blames the other.

This money is an emergency. (June 15). Suntrust Bank is not willing to give back my money (recall) in which they say it may take 3-7 days and no actual evidence provided that Banco do Brazil even received this wire transfer.

I demand my money to be put back into my account immediately for withdrawal by July 1st. Could someone reach out and help? I don't know why Suntrust Bank would not release my fund back immediately and blaming that Banco do brazil has not communicated back.

NOVEMBER OF 2009 I TOOK MY CAR INTO KIA RIO DEALER IN WILLIAMSBURG PA.I DID NOT WANT A NEW CAR, BUT BEFORE I REALIZED IT CHRYSLER.KIA DEALER HAD SET ME UP WITH A NEW OPTIMA KIA DEALER, I ALREADY HAD A 569 TOYOTA PAYMENT AND A 469 LOAN PAYMENT WHICH INCLUDES THE KIA THE TOOK FROM ME AND SOLD IT.

I KNEW THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD PAY FOR REALLY 3 VEHICLES I RECIEVE A VERY SMALL SOCIAL SECURITY AND A RATHER SMALL RETIREMENT. I CAN HARDLY MAKE END MEET AND NOW I SEND SUN-TRUST 15DOLLARS A MONTH, THEY SET IT UP FOR 25 DOLLAR A MONTH. WHICH I COULD NOT HANDLE. I TURNED THE CAR BACK TO THE BANK EXPLAINING WHAT HAD TRANSPIRED.

AFTER THE VEHICLE WAS AUCTIONED OFF I STILL OWE THEN AROUND 8,000 DOLLARS, WHICH WILL TAKE THE REST OF MY LIFE TO PAY OFF. I STILL AVE 5 TO SIX YEARS TO PAY OFF THE TOYOTA AND THE RIO LOAN BECAUSE I PAID THAT VEHICLE OFF WITH A LOAN AND STILL I HAVE TO PAY FOR 2 VEHICLES THAT ARE NOT IN MY POSSESSION. THE SALES REP. TOLD HIS BOSS I WAS GIVING MY TOTOYA TO MY DAUGHTER.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN, FROM THE CORRESPONDENCE I RECIEVED. I WAS TOLD THE REASON SUN-TRUST FINANCE THIS VEHICLE WAS BECAUSE I HAD GOOD CREDIT. ITS NOT GOOD NOW BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO REPAIR MOLD, MIDEW AND RAIN FROM COMING INTO THE HOUSE. I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF PURCHASING A NEW VEHICLE.

I WILL BE THE REST OF MY LIFE TRYING TO PAY FOR 2 VEHICLES. I TRIED TO GET BACK MY RIO FROM THE KIA DEALER, BUT I UNDERSTAND THEY SOLD IT FOR 6,000 DOLLARS AND I AM...

ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR NOW I AM TRYING TO GET SOME JUSTICE. I AM TRYING NOT TO TAKE THIS MATTER TO THE SUPREME COURT, BECAUSE THIS HAS REALLY HAD A BAD IMPACT ON MY LIFE. I FEEL THAT AS A WOMAN AND A SENIOR CITIZEN, I WAS TAKEN FULL ADVANTAGE OF. I ONLY BRING HOME AROUND 24,000 A YEAR AND ITS VERY HARD TRYING TO PAY OFF 3 VEHICLE AND I ONLY HAVE ONE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR LOOKING INTO THIS MATTER FOR ME.I CANNOT AFFORD A LAWYER.

#209576

Some of these sound like they might be legitimate grievances, but many of them sound like pretty standard consequences for falling short on your own responsibilities as a borrower. Moreover, it is difficult to take some of these issues seriously when so many of the complainants express such hostility with only a vague semblance of literacy.

If that's the way you are communicating with your bank and its representatives, it's not surprising that you are encountering difficulties and misunderstandings.

Take some accountability for your own behavior and your own responsibilities, people.

#190014

i have a complaint and i feel so bad regarding this matter here it is: i bougth a car 1 year ago under my fathers name because i did not have a good credit, after 2 months to buy it my father passed away and i have been paying through 5 months,after 3 months without payment i call to suntrust bank to make an offer to pay an amount and change the cars title to my name , today when i wake up this morning the car was gone they took the car before giving me an answer,i dont know what to do , inside the car i have many things to picking up.

Suntrust is the worse to do a "short Sale" as a Realtor.We are now going on a year and still can not get an answer from this bank.

The main person that we have to speak with doesn't have a direct line, so you have to be transfered from Customer Service,which is the worst name for those people,or send an email and hope it gets answered. The bank made an offer of what they want on the house, and the sellers agreed. Its now been two weeks havent heard a thing, no answer to emails, calls or anything else. I dont understand why it is taking a year to do this.

Have dealt with many other banks and never had one go this long.SUNTRUST NEEDS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

Mad lady I just had the same problem with my car loan at SunTrust.My husband and I had made our payments through our online bank account at USAA to SunTrust.

We did not realize that the payment for May had not posted after payment was sent, so we ended up being 38 days late on our car payment. As soon as I received my statement at the end of June we submitted both payments to SunTrust. On the 5th of July they repossessed my car saying they had never recieved our payments. I called BS on this and contacted my bank which stated the payment should have already been at SunTrust according to the tracer number on the wire transfer.

I gave Suntrust the tracer number so they could locate the funds, but they refused to look up the information. They told me I had to submit the payment and pay an additional $450 to get my car out of repo. The person I spoke to at my bank said it sounded like they were trying to ignore the payment so that they could continue with the repo in order to obtain more money. The rep at my bank was excellent, he faxed over a letter stating that the payment had already been sent and should have already been received by their bank.

SunTrust ignored the letter and stated that they had received the money, but that I was still going to have to pay the $450 to get the car out of repo. They person I dealt with at SunTrust was very rude and stated that I could either pay it or they would sell the car even if the payment had already been...

Either way each day was going to cost me $76. until I picked the car up. Luckily I had my husband school tuition money and had to fork it over thanks to SunTrust dishonest practices.

I will never bank with this bank again and I will let everyone I know what crappy service they provide.It's ashame that I'm not the only person they've done this too.

I have read a few of the complains they are not even close to the bad practices they are doing to builders and developers.I had over $500,000.00 to draw on a development loan and all the work was complete.

They would not give the money owed to me they demanded payment on total project in 3 days or lose project. Keep in mind I was never late on any payment.

This is happening over and over causing every one that owns a house or property to lose value day after day.Also no need to waste time with the department of banking they will always side with bank.