Suntrust bank charges overdraft fees when you clearly have money in the bank. I had a sufficient amount of money in my account when I made some purchases and SunTrust charges $108 in overdraft fees.

When I spoke to a manager she tried telling me that she could see things I couldn't and tried to tell me that I only had a $1 in the bank when I had $300 in the bank. She then would not return any of my calls to resolve the issue. Will never ever do business with them again. What my ledger balance read (the one I personally keep) actually matched what I could see through online banking and there was money in the account.

However, like I said, she COULD SEE THINGS I COULDN'T and proceeded to tell me there was no money in my account. LIARS!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Suntrust Account.

Reason of review: Stealing money by charging overdraft charges when there is money in the bank to cover purchases.

I didn't like: Stealing money through fony overdraft charges, Horrible customer service, Lies.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 11, 2016.

Comments

Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States #1256036

they have just done the samething to me with 7 overdraft items when i had money in my account and they refuse to credit my account i am closing this account asap.

Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States #1240449

My friend is having the same issue

Alpharetta, Georgia, United States #1165733

I just had the exact same experience. I'm closing my account today and opening one with another bank.

This practice is illegal and unethical. These guys are criminals of the worst sort.