1K views

Sun Trust Fraud Dept placed my account on HOLD (IE. Frozen) due to 'supposed fraud'... there was none (an automated computer did it I was told).

Unable to correct via phone talking to Fraud Dept. Provided all the correct security question answers etc. Still no luck.

Then I was told to go to my local branch (my true local branch was closed last year) So now my nearest 'local' branch is 65 miles away...each way!

PROBLEM is that I'm unable to access MY MONEY in my e-savings account (trying to do internal transfer against loan with Sun Trust... go figure)

So now going to faraway local branch to CLOSE MY ACCOUNT... what a pain. I even tried escalating my issue with upper fraud person... no such luck

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of esavings account from SunTrust. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2520 and wants SunTrust to "deposit money as payment against my access 3 account... which is what they were supposed to do in the first place!".

The most disappointing in user's experience was no problem resolution. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by SunTrust for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Dundalk, Maryland, United States #1165714

I looked up Suntrust complaint to see if anyone else was experiencing a locked account due to suspected fraud. What's strange is that I can get all of my account information via an automated voice over the phone using only my account number but cannot access my account online after accurately responding to several security layers!

Thank you for sharing your story. I too will be closing my account.

S