1.2
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My wife had her car broken into at her gym. They broke her window and stole her SunTrust debit card and Drivers License.

I called SunTrust customer service immediately and let them know what happened. They said they would flag her account because her ID and Debit Card were stolen. They also cancelled her debit card. They did not flag her account, someone went into the bank and made withdrawals from my checking account.

SunTrust gave them my account number and balance. The signatures on file for our account and withdrawal slips looked nothing alike. They withdrew $8400, $6900, $3000 and $2000 in two days time at four different branches. We got no phone call telling us what to do.

I called eight separate times until someone finally told me I needed to fill out affidavits stating I didn't withdrawal the money. They told me an investigator had as much time as needed to solve the case before I could see a refund. In the meantime I missed a car payment, a mortgage payment and multiple other payments. This happened January 11th and I still have no time table when I am getting my money back.

I went into SunTrust upset and said this is BS and I get a letter in the mail today stating they are closing my account and they reserve the right to close my account whenever they want. Is this ridiculous or am I being over sensitive? I mean come on.

I am a reasonable person but SunTrust is way out of touch. Should I hire a lawyer?

Monetary Loss: $20000.

SunTrust Cons: Every associate you speak with has something different to say, Does not work with customers, Incompetent handling of request.

Comments