I have had my bank accounts with Suntrust bank for 40 years -- savings, checking, investments. I have been using their Bill Pay system for paying my bills since they launched it some time in the late 1980s or early 1990s, I forget when it was.

So, let's call it close to 25 years. During the past 6 weeks, 3 of the checks I had scheduled did not reach my creditors on time. The customer service people I spoke with seemed to really care and they contacted the creditors to apologize and they negotiated so I did not have to pay any late fees.

This last time, it was my rent check. I had to pay a $125 late fee and NO ONE has attempted to help me with this. I reported it to the bill pay department and no one has ever gotten back with me. I sent an online email via online banking and was told they could not help me because the payment was scheduled after the due date. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.

The thing that gets me is no one gives a flip that their bill paying service isn't getting the checks there on time. HOW CAN A BANK OFFER A BILL PAY SERVICE IF THE CHECKS are 10 days late getting there, or never arrive at all.

During the first 24.9 years of their service I rarely had the problem, yet it has happened 3 times during the past 6 weeks.

I'm changing banks. I am not a big customer and they will never miss my accounts but BEWARE OF USING THEIR BILL PAY SERVICE !!!!!!

Review about: Suntrust Banking Service.

I didn't like: Total lack of concern at my problem.

Comments