Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Suntrust untrustworthiness

Horrible history whenit comes to serving their customers. We were victims of a scam artist and our bank did not protect our money. I deposited 2 money orders that I thought were good and SunTrust made the funds available the following day well three days later we find out that the money orders were counterfeit. SunTrust did nothing to help us with the matter, they even charged $10 for each counterfeit item and $35 for each NSF money order. Then they froze the money from our checking which had my husbands entire paycheck. So we have lived two weeks without a paycheck!! We did call SunTrust everyday with no help, no compassion for everything, and with absolutely no response other than you still have an outstanding balance please make arrangements for that as soon as possible!!
Review

SunTrust in Norman, Oklahoma - Stealing our lives, and padding their pockets with our home

We purchased our home in October 2007 with no problems of making the payments. We qualified for well over what we purchased. In September 2008 the company that I was working for shut down and I lost my job. In November 2008 Steve my husband was having medical problems which required surgery. Payments of over $800 dollars a month were made to Cobra insurance in order to have these procedures done. The insurance company approved all procedures and then in January 2009 they denied them claiming it was a pre-existing condition. This was also around the time that SunTrust Mortgage upped the payments from $1,800 dollars to $2,500 dollars, claiming in 2008 there were not enough property taxes paid. I finally found work in February 2009, but by this time the damage was done and there was no way to catch up. Filing bankruptcy in March 2009 and through the credit counseling learned about mortgage loan mortification, and contacted SunTrust Mortgage. After filing all the necessary paperwork with SunTrust we were told that we qualified and someone would be contacting us. Several months went by as we continued to make the $2,500 dollar monthly payments until in July 2009. We received the paperwork on the trial mortification and a new monthly payment of $1,322.20. After the three months Steve called SunTrust to find out what was the next step. He was told because of the large number of people who have applied for loan modification it was going to take time, but to continue to send his payments in as instructed, and they also needed us to update our information. In November 2009 Steve received his payment back and he called SunTrust. They told him it was a mistake and to send it back that their computers were designed to drop off at the end of the year. And again we were told to update our information. In July 2010 we were called to update our information once more, but everything was still in process and to continue making our payments. In December 2010 Steve received his check back again, and again called SunTrust. Again was told to send it back for it was sent to us by mistake and was blamed on the computers. We were also told to update our information once more. By this time I had lost my job again, through no fault of my own, and we were back to only one income and a small unemployment check. In January 2011 we received the letter stating we did not qualify for loan mortification and we were in rears of almost $20,000 dollars. They would not accept my unemployment as income and without it our dept to income ratio was too much, and even if they would accept my unemployment we needed to pay them the 20,000 dollars to catch up the payments. So for this reason on February 26, 2011 our account will be tuned over for foreclosure. We then received another letter stating a balance of over $2,600 was being held for a $2,100 dollar payment but would not bring the load current. After calling SunTrust several times speaking to a different person every time, and never able to speak to the Chiffon, who was handling our case, we got frustrated called an attorney. The attorney advised us to write our Senator because there was nothing he could do to help us. Our Senator office stated they have no jurisdiction over the mortgage company and we should check out the Neighborhood Housing Systems. After filling out all the paperwork again turning it into the NHS we were called with an appointment on February 23, 2011, only to find out again, there is nothing anyone can or will do to help us. SunTrust has the right to not accept my unemployment as income, they have the right to lie to us and drag out the mortification for a year and half. They also have the right to no work with us and take our home. Oh and also make us pay all taxes on the property after they sell our home because it is consider as income to us. And there is nothing we can do to stop any of it. The laws do not protect the America citizen they are made to pad the mortgage company's pocket, because they are the ones who supply our wonderful government with all their campaign money. And because they do that the government must fall on deaf ears and blind eyes to what the mortgage company does. The game of I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Screw the America citizen, make the big mortgage company bigger, and wealthier, and to *** with the people that actually keeps this country turning. We have complied in every way with SunTrust and have done everything they have requested. We do not want to lose our home, but do not know what way to turn. We were told we have about 6 to 8 months before SunTrust kicks us out of our home and sells it. I do not understand how our government can allow this type of actions to go on. We are just your average, hard working, blue collar, American citizen who is fighting to stay alive in today's economy. Nelon's Tuttle, Oklahoma
Loss

Suntrust denies access to MY money AGAIN!!

Last SATURDAY 2-12-2011 I attempted to transfer $1000.00 to my credit card accnt. from my suntrust checking accnt. This means the money is already in Suntrust!! Before I did the transfer I asked your agent when that would post. I was told SUNDAY 2-13-2011. The date is now WEDNESDAY 2-16-2011. Where the *** is my money now?? This is the 4th-5th time you have done this to me. Don't even try the "you don't have to be rude" ***. The time for me being polite expired when YOU lied and screwed me the second time! We are in event 4 or 5 now! The last time you tied up my available CASH money for 12 days! At that time I had, FIRST, asked your agent if the funds would be available that >>day

You made a payment to a credit card, not a transfer to your savings/checking, that's why it took so "long", the payment needs to clear- duh! Aparently you're not very financially savvy and are banging your head against the wall....

Review
#221965 Review #221965 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SunTrust Mortgage, VA

I bought the condo in December 2008. I got the $7500.00 tax credit for being a first time homebuyer. Since I bought in 2008, I have to pay the tax credit back to the goverment. However,People who bought homes in 2009 don't have to pay their tax credit back. unfair! May 1, 2010, I recieved a letter from my employer stating they were sending our jobs to India and we were getting laid off June 30, 2010. I immediately called SunTrust to see what my options were if I loose my income. I am single so that was my only income. I ak for a loan modification. SunTrust told me they couldn't help me because I was current on my loan. I am thinking this is wrong. One would think they would want to work with me if I was a good customer and current on my loan. I told them I had excellent cedit and I didn't want to ruin it. I told them I was willing to work with them if they could give me a modification and loosing my income should qualify me. They said they couldn't help me unless I was 2 months delinquent on my loan. They told me to send proof I was getting laid off. I faxed the letter 3 times and emailed it once and they kept claiming they never recieved it. It takes 3-4 weeks to get in their system. REALLY!!! 5/10 5/17 Twice 5/19 5/28 6/7 called 3 times there were other times I forgot to record because I was getting frustrated. June 30, 2010 I got laid off. I called SunTrust again and told them I was officially laid off. I lost my only income. I ask if I could get a loan modification. They gave me the same BS answer. They couldnt help me because I was current on my loan. I told them I didn't want to ruin my credit and I was getting to the point I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore. They ask for copies of the layoff letter and monthly bill info. I sent it to them and of course they claimed 3 times they never recieved it. Finally, after several weeks they got my layoff letter. But they said they still couldn't help me because I was current. They said even if I was 2 months delinquent on my payments they still couldn't gaurantee a loan modification. So I decided to stop paying my mortgage. I finally got their attention. Nov. 15,2010, I recieved a letter from Erica Hawkins stating if I pay $200.00 in Dec, Jan and Feb I might be considered for a loan modification. and if I had questions to call her at the number on the letter. I had questions so I called and left a message on Erica's voicemail. no response back. I waited 2 days still no response. I called and left 8-9 messages on Erica H.'s voicemail telling her I had questions about the letter she sent and would she PLEASE call me back. These are the dates I called her. 11/22 left mesaage Erica H - no response 11/23 left message for Erica - no response 11/26 left message for Erica - no response 11/30 left message for Erica- no response 12/1 left message for Erica - no response. 12/2 called Erica one last time. Got voicemail. By this time it was tooo late to abide by the demands in the letter she sent. So I called the 800 number talked to Leslie. She still was no help. So I told her I was going to put my home up for short sale. Leslie said "OK, I'll send you the paperwork" like she was excited I was loosing my home. She didn't even try to talk me out of it or work with me. She said I had 90 days to sell it then I could do a "deed in lui of foreclosure". 12/10 called Erica Hawkins again still no answer I just hung up. To this day she hasn't responded to any of my phone messages. I figured I had til March to complete a short sell but today 2-13-2011 I checked my credit report and SunTrust has on my credit report that they already have a foreclosure in progress. SHOCK! no email, no letter, no phone call to tell me they were going ahead with a foreclosure. I ask Leslie if I was going to be liable for the difference in the loan a short sale. She said she didn't know it was up to FHA. A person can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone at SunTrust. I sold all my furniture. I have no health insurance. I am loosing my home. The goverment really needs to crack down on these mortgage companies and force them to work with people who are willing to work with them. People like me are loosing their homes when they don't need to be. Mortgage Company are forcing people to ruin their credit in order to get a Loan Modification, I felt loosing my job sould have qualified me from the start with no questions. Where is the goverment? What is happening to our economy? Good job Obama!!! My job went to India- You were supposed to stop outsourcing to other countries. The Mortgage Companies are forcing people to ruin their credit and loose their homes and you do NOTHING! I was a good person with a good job, good credit and owned a home. Now I am jobless, bad credit and homeless. GOVERMENT ...DO SOMETHING for Gods sake before this country ends in a severe depression! I HAVE NO FAITH IN THE GOVERMENT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job.....OBAMA!! Step in and force these banks to work with the hard working, tax paying citizens of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

why would u blame obama for your rainy days?? this *** started way before obama got into office...I didn't see anyone complaining when bush started this mess.

The gov't won't help. To do so would be hypocritical. The gov't's wrote the rules the banks are screwing YOU with.

It's totally f'd up but "We the people" did elect them.

VOTE CONSTITUTIONALISTS EVERY TIME!!

SunTrust in Detroit, Michigan - Trying to steel my house mortgage fraud

Hi, We believe we are being fraud ed by Suntrustmortgage. What happened in May of 09 we applied for a loan modification. They put us on the trial period. Well in Oct. 2010 they sold our loan with out completing the loan docs. Now the new provider says we are 8 months behind. We have been told the papers were not done now we face foreclosure. We payed ever thing Suntrust told us too. My credit ratting is excelent except for Suntrust mortgage. We never seemed to have all the docs. or some other lame excuse. We are wrong they are right.

Suntrust Bank

Suntrust Bank refuses to stop reporting a negative for a $127 overdraft amount that went unpaid for two months - they "charged it off" then deducted it from the checking account the next month - this to a ten year customer who moved and was not aware the payment was not automatically deducted. If I was aware of the amount I would have paid it or authorized them to pay it. In addition Transunion is so confused they keep listing it twice - because it is "charged off" and "paid as agreed" - I am taking Suntrust to Court - their legal department basically said "go ahead" - worst bank in the world - bailed out by taxpayers -

Suntrust is the worse bank. I complaint to the Federal Reserve about their overdraft practice.

They said that they disclosure d it all. The will hit you with a OD charge if you have a negative memo post. If you payroll posted , the posted the debit first then charge your credit. The take their fees out first therefore check that would have cleared couldn't because after they took all their fees you have nothing.

The bank borrower money from the government (our money TARP)so they can continue to cheated and collected from us. I will never bank with a big bank again.

Let all move to Credit Union. I hope WikiLeak has something on this bank.

Review
#209151 Review #209151 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SunTrust Mortgage Insurance Fraud

In May of this year Suntrust Mortgage enforced an insurance policy for the previous year. My insurance company was Allstate insurance and they have given Suntrust Mortgage the documents they required. Suntrust has very poor customer service. Enforcing an insurance policy for a previous year is just bad business. The mortgage companies are truly a ripoff. Hard to believe that in these days of large number of home defaults that a customer who has always paid on time and keeps insurance on the property can be treated like a dog. I'm posted this information to alert others to the extremely poor customer service. Suntrust doesn't give a *** about their customers, they try every method possible to obtain every last dollar. Don't get your mortgage from SunTrust. They do not care about the customer. It's all about the money.

Suntrust Mortage Co. uses "Forced Place Insurance" to defraud all their mortgage holders !

I feel Suntrust Mortgage is engaged in a type of fraudulent activity through "FORCED PLACED INSURANCE!" They use an INTIMIDATION tactic by way of letters of threat. They say they will put their own insurance in force, unless you send them a certificate of insurance proving your property is insured! But also in the letter is a push of one of their subsidiary insurance companies (unrated by A.M.BEST)!

THEY KNOW YOU ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE!!! They have it on file by way of automatic notification from your chosen insurer when you renew each year! Your insurance has to notify any mortgage lender listed of renewal! How else would they know who to pay in case of property loss??

They actually want you to use one of their own unrated insurance companies(A.M.BEST CO. rates as AA, A, B, C.) and pretend they are unaware of your insurance! Suntrust Mortgage will add this cost (which is amazingly EXPENSIVE) of their subsidiary insurance company to your mortgage!

THEY MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO RECOVER YOUR MONEY!!!!! Threats of foreclosure won't be far behind.

STEPS: 1. notify your insurance company immediately!

2. notify the Bureau of Insurance in your state!

3. notify the FTC, FDIC, and BBB!

4. notify your Congressman or Senator!

5. notify your Sheriff's Department to warrant a

"LETTER OF RESTRAINT!"(computer/auto calls,etc)

6. conduct a search for a "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!"

Above all, please, at least follow Step # 1 to protect your investment as much as possible from said company.

Review
#207648 Review #207648 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

SunTrust in Greenville, South Carolina - Bad Bank....pays your over Balance as a "courtesy"

Before the new changes to Banks and cards this Aug 2010....I had a run in with SunTrust. I drive for a living and buy on my debit card and often have to "guess" how close I am on my balance. One time I messed up and 4 things came in with a $36 dollar fee for each item....one being a Burger King purchase for $3.10! I had money to pay 3 out of the 4 items. I called and asked why didnt you guys pay the 3 I could pay then charge me a fee for the one I could not (all were paid but with a $36 fee each). I was told 'well we pay the most expensive one first and work down because we feel the most expensive one would be the most important to have paid. I'm like "well all 4 of them got paid, all at once!". The I asked about Burger King, Im like "Look I can see you taking $5 or $100 for this, the whole item was $3.10 and for that your charging me $36!??" As a courtesy, she took one fee off. So instead of having 1 $36 fee if they did things ethical, I had $108 in Fees! I also asked the woman "is there any way that if I dont have the Money in my account to simply have the murchant not accept the card?" She said "No, there is no way to do it like that". Yah right! It took an act of Congress to make it so. Now when you open a Bank account, by default if you dont have the money and pay with a debit card, it doesnt go through! Thats all I wanted. Banks are just out to make themselves money and can give a rats A*& for you or anyone else. I mean who in their right mind will charge someone $36 for a $3.10 purchase? Who is going to pay the Hightest debit first and thus BOUNCE all your smaller debits....a bank that doenst care thats who! Suntrust.....go to ***
JoeBlow5567
#190433

Well I am on the road 8 hours a day and buy this and buy that, get gas, get food.

I'm usually ok, but a few times when I was broke, I'd forget about that "temporary hold" they'd put on for Gas pay-at-the -pump. Now I dont have to worry as I opted OUT of overdraft protection.

If I dont have the money in my account to pay for the purchase, the card gets denied, no problem!

I wanted that a few years back, so simple and easy but was denied. banks are just out to help themselves

Why do you have to guess on you balance? Most locations give a receipt.

If not check your balance on the start of a run and list your purchases below it. I agree then fees are a rip off but come on,take a second and realize you can't guess.

Review
#198058 Review #198058 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SunTrust in Taylors, South Carolina - Bad Bank

I check my online banking account and I always have the money in there at night and in the morning i will often have a negative balance. Suntrust told me that there will be no more overdraft charges, but, they just changed the name to unavailable funds charge of 36 dollars. They don't place holds on the funds for more than a day so it's hard to keep up with what you have. Also, they only waive on fee per year and thats it. really bad policy. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK. DO BUSINESS WITH SOMEONE WHO CARES about the CUSTOMER AW

What balance did your check register show? Was the balance shown online different than what your check register reflected? Did you take your check register into the branch and show your check register to a service rep and ask them to go over your CHECK REGISTER with you?

Review
#194624 Review #194624 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Suntrust Thieves

I bought a Toyota with a MSRP of $17,500. I put a $3000 down payment on said vehicle. At that time, my credit rating was above 800. I was told by the dealership that my financing was approved for $19.000 over 72 months. I was not particularly interested in financing over 72 months for an amount exceeding the value of the asset. According to my calculations I needed to finance less than $15,000 and I wanted a 60 month loan. I contacted Suntrust about the discrepancy that was being quoted by the dealer and I received a counteroffer from Suntrust regarding a $16,500 loan over 72 months which was more reasonable. I was told to contact the Dealer to accept this offer. When I contacted the Dealer, I was told that Suntrust had already paid them the $19,157 and proceeded to hang up the phone on me. I again contacted Suntrust and was informed that my loan was for 19,157.84 over 60 months at 6.65%. I received a coupon payment book for the 60 month loan via registered mail. Now they are saying I owe an additional $4,000.
Review
#191373 Review #191373 is a subjective opinion of poster.